We are looking for an experienced driver to join our team working on our Wickes contract.
You will be based out of Stevenage, however flexibility is a key requirement in this role. You will be asked to work in other driving roles within Wincanton, on a temporary cover basis, with expenses paid where appropriate.
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement of multidrop and direct delivery of our customer’s products.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- A flexible approach to working start times as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- The applicant must hold a Class 2 driving licence and current DCPC card.
- HIAB experience.
- Home Delivery experience.
- Customer facing awareness.
- Excellent timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
- Good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, work mobile phone, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.